Simple Forex Position Size Calculator

The Forex Position Size Calculator is a trader’s most valuable tool. It allows you to calculate the exact position size for any trade so that you always stay in control of your risk and avoid blowing out your account on a single trade.

The calculator below will work with all major currency pairs and crosses as well as eight different account currencies. You can also toggle between a risk percentage or a fixed dollar amount.

Enter the values below and select “Calculate” to properly size any position. See detailed instructions.

ambrose says

i wanted to calculate position size for CADCHF and another column popped up requesting for price of USDCHF.
i couldn’t proceed beyond that level, please guide me.

Hi Ambrose,

You need to input the current price for USDCHF in that case in order to make the conversion. Once you do that and hit “Calculate” you will see the results.

Regards,

Justin

Joe Malonzo says

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the article– when entering relatively quickly with day trading, how do you correctly ‘estimate’ the stop-loss distance, (since the entry fill may vary from the ideal entry)?

Say the ideal entry/stop loss distance is 5 pips, would you make it 6 pips on the calculator just in case the entry order fill may be slightly off from the ideal entry for the trade setup?

I am currently trying to figure out if it is best to estimate more pips when calculating the stop loss in pips.
**To keep risk controlled per trade

Please advise,

Josef

Hi Josef,

I never deal with stops that small so that’s tough for me to answer but a general rule when trading is to always stay conservative when managing risk.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Joe Malonzo says

Thanks for the quick reply Justin!

This definitely helps. I will remember to stay conservative when calculating position size per trade. It has taken me a few years and now I am aware of the importance of the essentials: trader mindset, risk-reward/position size, risk management, money management, and a winning system that favors probabilities on the side of the trader, (win-rate with a matching risk-reward ratio per trade).

Thank you for continuing to help fellow traders like myself navigate the path to achieving desirable results in the market,

Josef

Ahmad, are you asking how to use the calculator?

Antonio says

Hi Justin,

I’m toying with the idea of trading gold and silver (XAUUSD & XAGUSD) as well as the usual currencies.
Any chance you could add those to the currency pairs in the calculator?

KR,

Antonio

Antonio, at the moment I’m only supporting currency pairs, but that might be something I can add in the future.

اغاني حزينه says

Hi,I log on to your blogs named “Simple Forex Position Size Calculator | Daily Price Action” daily.Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about اغاني حزينه.