Does Daily Price Action Offer Trade Signals?

Happy Friday!

This week’s question comes from ‘many different people’, who ask:

Do you offer trade signals so I know when to buy and sell?

I receive more than 1,000 emails and messages per day (yes, 1,000 each day!).

It usually works out to between 30,000 and 40,000 per month and it’s on the rise. That’s nearly one email or message every minute of every day.

So if I take a couple of days to get back to you or if I just can’t respond, you’ll understand why.

Want to know the number one question I receive from all those traders?

One to two messages daily. You can unsubscribe at any time. See our privacy policy.

Do you offer signals?

That’s what everyone wants to know. And why not, right?

You sit back and relax while I send alerts of when to buy and sell. You make thousands of dollars, and all you have to do is click a few buttons.

Perfect! Or is it?

In this post I’m going to share the answers to the questions above. I’ll let you in on why I started this site years ago and how I feel about the idea of providing trade signals. This may seem like a trivial subject, but I assure you it isn’t.

Read on to learn how I feel about trade signals and what it means for you.

If You Want to Be a Trader...

You have to learn how to trade. Simple as that.

If you don’t want to be a trader, that’s okay too. But in that case, you’re probably better off investing your money in an index fund or two than relying on someone to tell you when to buy or sell the EURUSD.

That my honest opinion. Take it from someone who has been trading since 2002 and involved in the Forex market since 2007.

It’s okay if you disagree with me. But before you do, let me ask you something…

I haven’t.

If it were that easy, everyone would sign up and make millions of dollars effortlessly, right?

However, I do know of many traders who have experienced significant losses by following signal services.

I’ve also known those who trade for themselves to lose a significant amount of capital.

That said, there’s a big difference between these two types of losses, which brings us to my next point.

Your Trading Style Should Match Your Personality

Unless you have a hand in developing the style of trading a signal provider uses, there will be conflict.

You may not realize it, but your personality is the single largest determining factor when choosing a trading style.

Those who swing trade don’t do so because it’s profitable. They do it because it compliments who they are and what they enjoy.

As I often say, the best Forex strategy is the one that works for you.

I trade and teach price action because it resonates with me, not because it’s universally profitable.

So no matter how a chosen signal provider identifies opportunities, it won’t sit well with you because you didn’t discover it or play an active role in developing it.

You also won’t be able to take full responsibility for the outcome. That’s a big deal in a business where responsibility and discipline are paramount.

Most signal services won’t even disclose how they trade. Their website may give a brief overview of what they do, but it won’t go into every detail.

If you can live with that, that’s fine—it’s ultimately your choice. Personally, I don’t see the appeal.

No matter what you choose, remember that your personality is crucial when determining how you should trade.

I would fail using a profitable day trading system just as a successful day trader would likely fail using price action on the higher time frames.

It isn’t that one style or individual is better than the other. Rather, the trader and style must compliment one another, otherwise it’ll be too easy to throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity.

Trade for Today or Knowledge for a Lifetime

Let’s assume for a moment that you found a signal provider that has made you wealthy (again, I’ve never heard of such a thing).

You’ve been using these signals for three years with great success. Then one day, you visit their website to find that it no longer exists.

You send them an email and contact them on Facebook, but there’s no response.

They’re just gone.

Apart from the money you made, the last three years just went up in smoke.

Sure, you’ve got money in your pocket, but what if you had spent those three years learning how to trade?

You wouldn’t be staring at a blank webpage in disbelief and unsure of what you should do next.

Have you ever heard the Chinese proverb below?

“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”

That’s what we’re talking about here.

Instead of relying on someone else to send you buy and sell signals today, teach yourself how to trade for a lifetime.

That way, you don’t have to rely on anyone but yourself.

The Reason Daily Price Action Exists

If I had to boil it down to one sentence it would be this…

Daily Price Action exists to teach others the price action techniques and strategies I’ve learned over the years.

Yes, I want others to achieve consistent profits, but educating and keeping things simple are my main goals for this site.

I believe in the way I trade and I know others can benefit from it. Heck, thousands of traders have benefited from it.

I also had quite a bit of time on my hands before 2014 when this site was born. As you may be aware, trading from the daily time frame allows for some extracurricular activities.

What better way to spend that time than helping others with a topic I’m passionate about?

If I simply told others when to buy and sell, it would defeat the purpose.

To be honest with you, I could make a ton of money selling signals. Based on the sheer number of requests I get each day, it seems like a no-brainer.

But money isn’t everything. I don’t believe in using signals to trade Forex, so I’m surely not going to offer them. Not now, not ever.

My goal is to work with those who are eager to learn. I want to teach traders who love the markets as much as I do.

Selling signals doesn’t interest me. Receiving a private message from a new member who just had their ‘ah-ha’ moment with price action, that’s what inspires me.

That’s why I started Daily Price Action and it’s what keeps me going.

Final Words

This post isn’t intended to bash Forex signal services. If you want to pursue that approach, then by all means do it.

However, if you want to be a trader, you have to learn how to trade. There are no two ways about it.

Not only will you be able to take responsibility for your actions, but you will also gain a lifetime of invaluable knowledge.

I can’t stress enough the importance of choosing a trading strategy that fits your personality. This is one of the issues with signal services. No matter who you end up with, there’s no chance their style will compliment your personality.

Why is that?

It’s because you didn’t have a hand in developing those techniques and strategies.

Send me weekly updates about Daily Price Action's Q&A

Your Turn: Ask Justin Anything

I’d love for this new weekly Q&A to be successful and provide an invaluable repository of answers to common Forex questions.

To do that, I need your help.

Here’s what you can do to get involved and have your question answered in next week’s post:

1. Ask questions. Post them in the comments below or Tweet them to me @JustinBennettFX
  2. Help me answer questions. If I missed something or if you have something to add, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.

Muntashir Mamun says

Justin, i love one thing about the thread that if i want to be a trader i need to learn it and with the signals it is very hard to learn. I will i will attend your price action course to learn trading in deep.

herve says

Bonjour Mamun, avez vous des nouvelles de justin ?

Taumabushe says

Well said and I dont think there is a single word of truth skipped by mistake, thats the powerful truth.

Anesu Masimba says

Well said I completely concur,educating oneself in the markets is a potent weapon for a lifetime rather than relying on signals of which some providers maybe trading on demo accounts.

Tims says

Thanks Justin. I have a question. How do you identify a trend reversal?

Olasunkanmi Abiodun says

Brother that is why you need to take a course and learn how to trade…

IDOGEI Emmanuel says

@Tims, there is something called the 1,2,3 pattern. 1st : in an uptrend, when you see a Lower Low form. 2nd step: the next move rally up but didn’t form a new high but formed a Lower High and then 3rd step: price move downward to form a new Lower Low, lower than the 1st step. Then you can say a trend has reversed. For downtrend, do the opposite. Thank you.

Raymond says

Spot on Justin! Methinks this one of the great lessons every newbie should read even before reading about basic stuffs like pip, lot or margin. I learnt this lesson the hard way.

However, I’d like to know how far back in time you go to draw your horizontal support and resistance levels.

Emuobo Agbahovbe says

Hi, I want to learn and so far so good. I have done away with technical and use inky price action as per your advice. Hopefully I am going to go live in a few weeks.

Thursday says

Is good for me as a new treader

Brighton Ruzane says

The Approach you just shared there has resonated with my belief tht all humans shld do, money surely isnt everything, and the most valuable item we can pass on and be effective the most is Education.

Thanx a lot.
U hv just become a Mentor to me.

Priscilla says

I would rather learn than depend on signals.

Lalit says

Signals doesnt help to learn , signals can help you only in that case when you allready knows trading. So first learn and be pro and then take some free signal service to analyse what i am doing and what they are doing . And just do how you feel comfortable and correct decision..for the moment i have some free signal services but i am not taking trades , i just open the chart and try to understand, why they are taking trades .. thats all

Md Mijanur Rahan says

Hello sir,
Good evening. Yes, I want details trade signal with buy sell offer.

Ade says

Justin does not do signals. Please learn how to trade.

Muhammad Naseem says

Wow……. just awesom to read to this artical. Because i have lost more then 600$ for signal about 2 years ago…. butt now i have realised that make your own self… thanks dear to help those who are new and want to earn millions of dollars in fewdays.

Jeff says

Earn millions in days, trading is not for you, leave!

Olivia says

wow sir thank you for sharing such knowledge .

Haitham says

I love price action, I consider it my preferred style, am still 5 months old in fx market, still using $1k, I need your advises, I lost and started twice before, am trading in 7 instruments.
Please advise me more
Haitham Darweesh

Matima says

It is indeed inspiring to read article like this one, I’m gonna learn a lot from you and adding to that, i’m really grateful for this site

john says

i invested in the mti pro copier nd within 30 days lost 25% of my margin account.

Roy says

Me too I used copy trades in the past. Now price action trading and learning by yourself is better.

Mwangi says

Thanks for the advice,i have taken it seriously and will follow it to the core.

Zaaba says

Agree with you bro……I happy with your tread alert signal and give me much leason to control my emotion while entery market. Thanks

Simonnx says

Justin I am newbie how to set the ema 50 and 100 which icon to click and do I need to set on every pair I wish to trade

Joshua E. Ogola says

Hello Justin,

I’ve actually had this question in mind. I do get trade set ups from but do not know how to apply them. Which of your platforms offers such services/trainings/guide?

Idogei Emmanuel says

@Joshua, for you to fully understand Forex deeply you need to enroll for membership of Daily Price Action with Justin.
    2nd: when set ups are given, what you need to do is monitor the market prices. When price breaks a trendline/resistance and closes above it in an uptrend, you can do one of two things: you can either place a trade immediately you confirm the close above the resistance zone or you wait for a retest of that zone which validate/confirm the move further up which is better and safer. If you choose option one, be very watchful in case sellers drag price down against you so you can close the trade swiftly and minimise you loss. I hope this helps.

Opeyemi Philip says

Hello sir, my own is a more of question and here is it:
between EA robot trading and manual trading, which one is the best?

rolf says

I start with EA high risk made 100% in 4 months. In a few days the EAs took away all the profit I made plus 80%of the account. This was the call to start studying. Now the only robot I have is that one who cleans my house.

Ade says

Wow 80%.

Idogei Emmanuel says

Good decision to learn @rolf

Wiseman says

Hi Justin i have a question, What happens if for example i buy EURUSD and sell EURJPY same time. It seems like i am conflicting myself, cause i am saying EUR will gain strength against USD and at same time i am saying EUR will weaken against JPY.

Please let me know if something like this affects my trading or not?

Ogbobe Ebere says

Nice one
My hope one day, I ll be good in forex, because now everything seems difficult to me.

Tumi says

Ive been following DPA and must say,nothing beats following a leader like you Sir,all those points I can relate and you left no stone unturned,ready to join and commit to learn.thank you

Peter Skinner says

Justin you are so right about signal services. Why would you trust your hard earned money to a complete stranger.
You must take responsibility for your trades and the only way to do that is to learn to do it yourself.
Practice, practice, and practice until you become confident in your own abilities then you are on your way.

Thanks for all your words of wisdom.

Best wishes
Peter Skinner

Mondli says

Sir I respect your ideas about forex also not forgetting to appreciate every effort you put to us…let me tell you we are not there but moving on right direction keep it!!!! Up Sir I salute you..

Mlu Standup says

The saddest thing about signals is that they pop them willy-nilly without giving some explanations and that doesn’t help you as a trader more especially if you are a novice!

Kingsley says

I love this post and I want to learn to trade..though I already have a demo account with account I

Kingsley says

I love the post and I want to learn to trade though I opened a practice account on instaforex broker and I started trading but I haven’t really understood the system very well…so I will be hoping to get a reply from you thanks.

Darius says

“Have you ever known someone to become wealthy from trading nothing but Forex signals?”

No, I did not. You could be the first one 🙂

Why cannot we study and copy signals at the same time? And if we do not study, we know the consequences that after 3 years there might not be gold mine anymore, so we cannot blame you, can we? 🙂

Sam says

Well said Mr Spot On.
(Justin)

Albert Kuudening says

Exactly, in my opinion success is not only about money, knowledge is also key.l like you style Justin.be blessed.

Francis says

hello Justin thanks for that piece of advice since I’m determine to become a professional trader and that can be achieve only through learning and learning. I will get in touch with you soon through your price action courses . Thanks .

antonio says

GRAZIE

Prince says

I went to one on Imarketlive who sells signals and asked myself,will I ever learn anything with this?
What if they disappear one day?
Will I be able to trade by myself?

Hector H says

Excelente reflexión, llevo unos años en el mercado y hasta hoy solo he perdido dinero, pero vengo siguiendo la acción del precio de acuerdo a lo que usted enseña y tengo un panorama totalmente diferente de los mercado. gracias por su gran aporte.

Con respecto al articulo es muy cierto la forma de comerciar es algo como el adn unico lo digo porque mi hermano ha tenido cierto exito con el mercado forex y el me explica su sistema pero no obtengo los mismos resultado

Isaac Mbithi says

I like it. Train me on how to trade.

Austin says

So fortunate to be here.
This is exactly what I have been looking for; not signals.
Good job, Justin.

Bartholomeus says

Yebo Yes Yes, I love your work like Muntashir said! I trade for 7 years now and what you do and talk about and what to look out for is A REAL TRADER!And still awaiting the CAD/JPY move!After my homework that is a big trade!Good luck for everyone with the trading. And thanks JUSTIN for your excellent advice and service

Dags says

Thanks for that Justin, I’ve learnt a lot over the 2 months I’ve been a member and its great. I also would like to know more about trend reversals such as the eurusd at the moment I’m short but ok

lotanna says

Hi justin, am lotanna by name, am new in the Forex market and am eager to learn, but the terminologies you used in analyzing trades always got me loss, i will read all through but wouldn’t understand what you are explaining in that particular currency pair.
So how can i start learning from the basic, and what process will i scale through before i can understand your terminologies in your trade?

Idogei Emmanuel says

@lotanna, my personal recommendation is for you to register/subscribe with Daily Price Action for a full course on Forex. This will help overcome of pitfalls that new entrants face and help you to be well grounded in Forex. I hope this helps.

Johnson Chukwu says

“If you want to be a trader and have a passion for the markets, I urge you to continue learning. You can’t fail if you never quit.

On the other hand, if you’re more interested in the money and have little interest in the markets, you may want to look elsewhere.” This statement summarised by problem in FX market, thank you for this write up. Already working on my weaknesses!

Johnson says

pls, what is wedge Resistance and Support in FX and how to identify them and trade them. secondary, what is dairy range or dairy price range and its importance. thanks!

michael says

I initially wondered why you did not report the trades you entered.I have now changed my mind.The main benefit is forcing you to look at the daily charts each day and leaning to identify trade set ups with the basic S&R.This is 70% of the information you need.I have reduced my trading to recognition of engulfing and pin bars which provide the best signals.I found looking each day for a setup has after one year membership made me reasonably successful and prior to the 2 years I traded I lost money.I am sorry to say but if you cannot after year be successful you would be wasting time and better doing something else.

fanisi tolulope says

I take it you are currently a member of the DPA…Yes, you are right, I do not expect one should learn from justin and still be horrible in trading…

Roy says

I am a member too. Since October 2017 and reading all material here at this site has improved my trading greatly.

Much better to learn price action first imho.

Kamal says

Keep up the good work Justin! We are grateful for your honest words! Do you recomand the broker Blueberry, pleae advice.

Yazib says

Thx bos,, I am agree with you

Peter Godau says

Human nature, can’t live with it, can’t live without it ! That’s why 90%, give or take, fail in most things. Always looking for the easy way and neglecting the hard yards. Well said Justin 🙂

Vikas says

Justin, best would be to share a snapshot of your own trading results for last year. That way people would be more confident.

Prabal says

What a lovely article. How very truthful and honest.
Thank you so much for making people aware of the fallacy of Buy Sell signals. People should always remember ———-The Forex market is unforgiving enough to those who come prepared. To those seeking nothing but money, it’s downright lethal.———–

Tochukwu stonch ughadinjo says

Nice one Chris. This is the part I actually towed, is. resisting the signal service and building my own skill and knowledge. Looking back, the decision is the best thing that happened to my trading career.

MICHELE PENNA says

Ecco la differenza tra un educatore che cerca di insegnare a fare trading in maniera autonoma per tutta la vita, e un qualunque venditore di segnali che poi alla fine svanisce nel nulla, la maggior soddisfazione che può avere un grande educatore come Justin sia quello di aver dato gli strumenti necessari a far sì che tante altre persone possano essere educatori a loro volta, grazie Justin.

Jovita says

Hi Justin,
Do you believe that one can make consistent profit with a retail broker bearing in mind they are trading against you ( conflict of interest)? If yes, could you suggest one?

Lawrence says

Justin you have said it all iv once joined a signal provider and got no success but when I started duplicating your daily prize action strategies I became more improved I’m not there yet but I’m still learning.I salute you tutor

Kuhan says

Fantastic buddy..as usual 😊

Matthew Chukwuafu Okafor says

I like this because I said if is one of this signal provider that I will not follow you again. Is better you learn the Fore skills for life and also teach your children and generations to come than waiting for signal provider. Thanks for your selfless service to humanity.

Yusuf Ahmad says

This post change my thinking regarding Forex market, day by day you’re helping me to have more interest in the Forex market.
I’LL keep on following you until i become a good trader.
Thanks

Refiloe says

Hi Justine. I just love the way u analyze, keeping it simple just as I prefer it – simple. Thank you so much, the learning never stops.

anant says

can a group of major central banks manuplate the forex markets for a longer period of time

Nicole says

Don’t give me a fish, Teach me how to fish.

Samuel Ajiwe Sunday says

Learning how to trade is the best…

JohanC. says

Spot on Justin, there is no substitute for knowledge and patience. I have not joined your DPA course as yet but it will happen soon, as i am a novice and still finding my way around the platform and Daily price Action.

Saravanan Arunajalam says

I agreed with Justin…Nothing like earning knowledge. I am glad to be a part of your Forex education group.

EMMANUEL says

Can one successfully build a scalping strategy using price action on H1 tinme frame and remain profitable over a life trading time?

Steve Gallagher says

Justin

I believe your approach is very good and have success using your information This article is true you have to learn how to trade othewise all you are doing is following. This is not my desire i HAVE USED trading signals before like you have described with only limited success.

I have been trading off and on for about 4 years only in the last year have I had a great deal of time to spend in learning Forex trading. Since I found your web site my knowledge has been greatly improved. I intend to join your team in the near future.

Thank for all the help and information.
Best Regards
Steve

Haitham says

Haitham 0796550851

Azlan says

Well said justin… i sure learnt lots from you

Onyekwere says

Hi boss , I profoundly concor with all you’ve said, however the reason I got involved into the forex industry is to make money. As someone earnestly seeking financial opportunities to seize, it is imperative to do so cautiously to avoid misfortunes. Then in other to actively participate in the learning exercise I have to pay my bills and other inevitable responsibilities I shoulder. If you could provide us with just one signal per day it would be good and will go a long way motivating us to learn with an increased confidence. Its a Charity not a business.
Thanks

Roy says

Coach does not provide signals. It is much better for you to join our community, so you can learn to trade the right way. I have and so can you.

Leon says

i, Justin. I have been involved in trading Forex and CFD’s since 2016. I have lost a couple of grand since then. My problem is that I can’t seem to decide what type of trader- day trader, intra- day trader or swing trader I am. Consequently I can’t seem to find my edge. I am back to demo trading for the last 8 months due to lack of funds. Should I rather quit and move on with my life or should I keep on trying to find own my trading style and edge.

thaitruc says

Please show me how to fish. I do not want to give me a fish.thanks

Melusi says

Strong

herve says

Bonjour justin, cela fait des semaines que je vous écris sans obtenir de réponse, votre formation m’interesse mais je dois m’assurer que vous êtes disponible, merci de me répondre

Xoliswa says

Thanks, Justin

The way I love forex makes me realize I real need people like you to help me to make my goal of being a successful trader. You the best, I can’t wait to have money and join your members area.

Salute

Winiefred says

Thanks a lot Sir am learning a lot each day from your insights. May God bless you.

Ridwan says

Sorry sir, What exactly are you doing in member’s area?

Discussing trade setups, risk management, etc.

saif says

hi, Sir, you are great and World need awesome people like you I have made money with your analysis

Cheers. Thanks for the kind words.

Jeff says

Why does everyone on this site speak so bad English?

Alvie O says

Learn to trade to trade well and the profits will follow. Price action is Golden…Great advice Justin..Thanks

You’re welcome, Alvie. Thanks for stopping by!

blvckmerch says

I appreciate your sincere honesty

Cheers. Thanks for the feedback.

33,000 Forex Price Action Traders and Growing!

Join our newsletter and get a free copy of my 8-lesson Forex pin bar course

You will receive one to two emails per week. See our privacy policy.